Club and Organization Use
- The Activities Van was purchased using a portion of the annual Activities Fee included in tuition and fees for Wheeling Jesuit University. Therefore, only co-curricular student organizations recognized by the Student Government Association (SGA) as well as the Campus Activities Board (CAB) are permitted to use the van for off-campus activities.
- Qualified groups wishing to use the van must provide their own driver who is a student or employee of Wheeling Jesuit University, at least 20 years of age, and legally licensed to drive a vehicle in the United States. For insurance purposes, the driver must have also successfully completed a brief training session available by calling the Office of Campus Activities at ext. 2210. This training session authorizes drivers to drive the Student Development minivan as well as the University’s 12-passenger van.
Reserving the Van:
- If your SGA-recognized organization would like to reserve the van for an off-campus activity, please call ext. 2210 or email email@example.com at least two (2) weeks in advance of the date of your trip. You will then be asked to provide the date and time of your trip, organization name, driver name, nature of the trip, and names of attendees. Keep in mind the van has room for a maximum of six (6) passengers, not including the driver.
- The Student Development van is also used for weekday evening shuttle trips around Wheeling for the convenience of all students. This service limits the number of weekday evenings the van is available for rental. If you have any questions concerning availability of the van, please call ext. 2210.
Alternative Options for University Van Rental:
- A University-owned 12-passenger van is available for rental by calling the Transportation Coordinator, Denny Grimm, at ext. 2166. Keep in mind there is a fee associated with renting the 12-passenger van.