WJU Counseling Center Resources
- American Association of Suicidology
- The American Association of Suicidology (AAS) is an education and resource
organization working to understand and prevent suicide.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research and education, and
to reaching out to people with mood disorders and those impacted by suicide.
An organization with nearly 1,000 campus-based affiliates that actively promote student,
campus and community-wide leadership on healthy and safe lifestyle decisions through
National Eating Disorders Association
Dedicated to providing education, resources and support to those affected by eating
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
The largest scientific organization in the world dedicated to research focused on the
understanding, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders and the promotion of
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
- (800) 662-HELP (4357)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
A 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service available to anyone in suicidal crisis.
(800) 273-TALK (8255)
Fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are
recovering from compulsive overeating.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Government's National Mental Health Information Center, providing information about
mental health via a toll-free telephone number (800-789-2647), this website, and more
than 600 publications.
The Social Security and Disability Resource Center
The Social Security and Disability Resource Center website provides information on the federal government's two disability benefit programs, title II social security disability benefits and title 16 SSI disability benefits. Covered topics include disability applications, denials on claims, the filing of appeals, and how the disability claim evaluation process works.
Tourette Syndrome Association, Inc
- The TSA has regional chapters and support groups in most areas of the USA. These
local groups provide help and support that allow families to exchange ideas and
feelings about their common problems. Please contact TSA to obtain information
about the chapter in your area.
- American Counseling Association
- 2005 ACA Code of Ethics (PDF)
- West Virginia Bureau of Public Health
- Jay Adams, M. A.
- HIV Care Coordinator
- WV Ryan White Part B Programs
P.O. Box 6360
Wheeling, WV 26003-0805
Phone : 304 232 6822
Fax: 740 695 3252
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org