- All Counseling Center records and services are confidential and are not part of your academic or health record. Any information that you disclose to the Counseling Center is safeguarded by state and federal privacy laws.
Under these laws, we are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of mental health information. We may disclose information about you only with your written authorization.
Confidentiality may be broken only under the following emergency conditions:
- When there is substantial risk of imminent and serious physical injury to you or to other persons.
- When the information you disclose contains evidence of current physical or sexual abuse of minor children, elderly adults, or adults with disabilities which make them more vulnerable to abuse; or
- in response to a court order.
- The staff of the Counseling Center will be pleased to answer any questions you might have concerning confidentiality.