- K-12 Jobs (www.k12jobs.com)
A national database of education jobs.
- Professions in Special Education (www.specialedcareers.org/)
Is special education a career for you? Check out the resources at this site.
- Resources for Education Candidates (www.aaee.org/)
This site, sponsored by the American Association for Employment in Education, has many useful links for those interested in K-12 jobs as well as higher education.
- School-jobs (www.school-jobs.net/jobs/)
In addition to jobs, this site also has links to the certification requirements for each state, as well as links to each state's DOE.
- PrivateSchoolReview (www.privateschoolreview.com)
Free, detailed information on US private schools combined with useful community data and maps of the surrounding areas.
- BoardingSchoolReview (www.boardingschoolreview.com)
Free, detailed information on US boarding schools combined with useful community data and maps of the surrounding areas.
- PublicSchoolReview (www.publicschoolreview.com)
Free, detailed information on US public schools combined with useful community data and maps of the surrounding areas.
- WJU Academic Majors:Teacher Prep (www.wju.edu/academics/tpp/default.asp)
- State Departments of Education and Certification Information (www.udel.edu/teachered/stagen.htm)
Contact information for state DOE's and steps and requirements for certification in each state.
- National Public School & School District Locator (http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/schoolsearch/)
A quick and easy way to identify schools, school districts and Federal program information by entering the criteria you are looking for (e.g. city, state, grade level, student enrollment) and searching respective databases. Contains info on public and private schools/school districts. Info is from the Common Core of Data from the U.S. Dept. of Education.
- EducationAmerica.Net (www.educationamerica.net/)
Provides a searchable database of vacancies available nationally and internationally. The user can register with the site and receive automatic e-mails of new listings. Additional resources include online education articles, education-related bookstore, web forum, and job fair directory. Users can also store up to three resumes and five cover letters online.
- US Teach (www.usteach.com/US/)
A national web based system for the recruitment and placement of educators. Free online job information and services for people seeking careers in education.
- Teach Delaware (www.teachdelaware.com/)
Powered by USTeach, Teach Delaware is a must for candidates interested in employment opportunities in Delaware public school districts. No cost to job seekers. Candidates seeking jobs in Delaware public school districts are strongly encouraged to enter their resumes into this database.
- Delaware Department of Education (www.doe.state.de.us/)
Provides links to information about teacher certification and licensing, schools and school districts, new teacher mentoring programs and more.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (www.pde.state.pa.us//)
Contains links to the PA Standard Application for employment, school district information, certification and licensing, etc.
- Delaware Valley Private Schools (www.advis.org)
ADVIS's (Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools) guide to independent private schools in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- PA-REAP (PA- Regional Educational Applicant & Placement Program)(www.pareap.net/)
Part of the National School Applications Network, this is a free service to teacher candidates. Candidates interested in Pennsylvania public school employment are strongly encouraged to add their resumes to this database.
- PA-Educator.Net (www.pa-educator.net/)
Supports candidates pursuing employment in the public schools of Pennsylvania. The site offers job postings, online application and credentials, a calendar of events, and more. While open to school districts across the entire state, at this time it is used primarily by Western PA school districts.
- NJHire (www.njhire.com/)
Powered by USTeach, NJHire is a must for candidates interested in employment opportunities in New Jersey school systems. No cost to job seekers. Candidates seeking jobs in New Jersey school systems are strongly encouraged to enter their resumes into this database.
- NJ SchoolJobs.com (www.njschooljobs.com/)
Helpful for teachers, coaches, support personnel, and administrators interested in employment opportunities in the state of New Jersey. Exclusively serves NJ schools.
- LiTeach.com (www.liteach.com/)
A resume database for those who seek a teaching job in school districts of New York State.
- On-Line Application System (NY) (www.olasjobs.org/)
An online resource servicing over 140 school districts in New York State (Lower Hudson Valley; Mohawk Valley; Capital Region; Nassau Region-Long Island). Candidates may fill out an application, upload a resume and cover letter and apply directly to the school districts in the system. (This service is free to candidates.)
- NY Education Jobs (www.nyeducationjobs.com/)
Register to receive e-mail notification of new positions posted in your certification field, view information on registered school districts, enter your information into a candidate database, etc. (fees involved)
- NY Ed Jobs (www.nyedjobs.org/)
The online career center for education professionals in New York state. Browse job postings, register to be part of a candidate database and more.
- Connecticut Education Association (http://www.cea.org/jobs/)
The Connecticut Education Association hosts this monthly listing of vacancies in Connecticut Public Schools as a service to the Education Community.
- Teachers-Teachers.com (www.teachers-teachers.com/)ABC Teaching Jobs.com (http://abcteachingjobs.com/)
A free service for teacher candidates which allows individuals to electronically post their resumes and receive e-mail when vacancies match their registered interests. Job seekers log onto their own personal homepage to view open positions.
A classified network of teacher job and resume postings, plus additional helpful resources. Free for all job seeking K-12 teachers and administrators.
- MonsterTrak.com (http://college.monster.com/)
This career site allows the user to post a resume online and search a job bank for education positions. MonsterTrak also lists job search tips, employer showcases, online career fairs, and career and alumni networks.
- Teachers Support Network (www.teacherssupportnetwork.com/Home.do)
A free site dedicated to helping teachers through every step of the hiring process. Allows teacher candidates to build a portfolio (including credentials, work history, and special interests), search for jobs, or let school districts contact you.
- Great Teacher (www.greatteacher.net/)
Allows users to search a job bank for openings according to state or key word. The site also supplies links to educational organizations and material resources, a chat room where teachers can schedule chats on specific topics, and a message board where educators can post questions.
- Teachers at Work (www.teachersatwork.com/)
This site allows users to explore positions according to state, post resumes online, learn about job fairs, resumes, cover letters, portfolios, certification requirements, and school districts.
- National Teacher Recruitment Clearinghouse (www.recruitingteachers.org/channels/clearinghouse/)
Allows individuals to search for teaching vacancies through several online job banks. Users can also utilize the site for information on how to become a teacher, teacher salaries, links to state DOE's, and tips on how to make your job search successful.
- Teachers Online (www.teachersonline.com/)
This site allows individuals to search positions by keywords, state, and certification areas.
- Council for Exceptional Children (www.cec.sped.org/)
Click on "CEC Career Connections" for job search information (the only online job bank devoted exclusively to special education professionals).
- Educational Placement Service (EPS) (www.educatorjobs.com/)
The biggest teacher placement service in the U.S. serving public, private, and parochial schools as well as colleges. No fee to register for candidates (teachers, specialists, administrators).
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (www.nais.org)
Contains information about private schools, careers in independent school teaching, and related topics.
- Carney, Sandoe & Associates (www.carneysandoe.com/)
Provides teacher and administrator placement for U.S. and international independent schools (no fee to candidates).
- Southern Teachers Agency (www.southernteachers.com/)
The oldest independent teacher placement service in America, SCA helps connect teachers to positions in public and private schools in the Southeast (no fee to candidates).
- Yahoo K-12 (http://dir.yahoo.com/Education/K_12/By_Region/U_S__States/)
Search schools/school systems by geographic location.
- Teach for America (www.teachforamerica.org/flash_movie.html)
The national teacher corps; you commit to teaching for two years in urban or rural schools (an AmeriCorps program).
- Office of Overseas Schools (www.state.gov/m/a/os/)
A link to the U.S. State Department's page which helps identify world-wide American sponsored elementary and secondary schools.
- Footprints Recruiting, Inc. (www.footprintsrecruiting.com)
An ESL teacher placement agency that recruits teachers and university graduates to teach English abroad.
An organization which provides ongoing opportunities to teach English in schools and universities throughout China.
- English International (www.english-international.com/)
Information and advice on teaching English overseas.
- Education World (www.education-world.com/)
The Educator’s Best Friend
- The Chronicle of Higher Education (http://chronicle.com/)
Click on "Jobs" to view position vacancy information.
- Academic Careers Online (www.academiccareers.com/)
An academic job site for teaching, post doc, endowed chairs, administrative and senior management opportunities at (community) colleges, universities and research institutes.
- National Education Association (www.nea.org>)
A site offering information on issues and legislation facing the profession.
- Government Education Department (www.ed.gov)
- West Virginia Department of Education (http://wvde.state.wv.us/)
State site offering information on jobs and licensure in the state of West Virginia.
- Ohio Department of Education (www.ode.state.oh.us/)
Includes database by school of proficiency test results, expenditures, teachers, students, school report card, related links, department news.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (www.pde.state.pa.us/)
Includes information on the department, teaching in the state, education reform initiatives, libraries, teacher certification, and school profiles.
- Education Directory (www.educationdegree.com)
- Brighman Young University (http://educationplacement.byu.edu/endpages/jobsearchlinks.php)
- Regional Education Associations http://www.state.gov/m/a/os/c16896.htm
- Southern Regional Teachers Association http://www.anglo-continental.com/en/uk/Teachers/Links.html
- National Association for Beginning Teachers http://www.beginningteachers.org/
- National Education Association http://www.nea.org/
- HighSchools.com (http://high-schools.com/)
updated 08/12/11 AM