Career advising is infused throughout the campus of Wheeling Jesuit University and students can find career resources in many areas. Career Advisers (CAs) are full-time professionals within Student Development who work about 10 hours a week with career advising. CAs are assigned to students based on six student and alumni groupings. Residential students have an Area Coordinator that oversees their residence halls who also serves as their Career Adviser. Commuting students, international students and graduate and adult students are also assigned to specific Career Advisers who understand the nuisances of their unique career needs.
- Kirby & Sara Tracy Career Adviser, 304-243-2390, First Floor Lobby Office (Area Coordinator)
- Campion & McHugh Career Adviser, 304-243-2812, First Floor Lobby Office (Area Coordinator)
- Ignatius & Thomas Moore Career Adviser, 304-243-2650, First Floor Lobby Office (Area Coordinator)
- Commuting Student Career Adviser, 304-243-2210, Swint Hall, Room 201 (Coordinator for Student Programming)
- International Student Career Adviser 304-243 4476, Swint Hall, Room 206 (Global Student Services Specialist)
- Graduate/Adult Students and Alumni Career Adviser, 304-243-2350, Swint Hall Room 209 (Dean of Student Development)
Career Advisers are trained to assist student with essentialcareer needs, including writing resumes and cover letters. Students are also encouraged to talk with faculty about job possibilities within their majors and about possible internship sites.
Career Advisors are trained to help students maximize their use of the CCN so they can take advantage of career resources anytime, 24 hours a day!