Wheeling Jesuit University
316 Washington Avenue
Wheeling, WV 26003
Welcome to Transfer Admissions
Candidates applying for admission with advanced standing must submit to the Admissions Office:
- Apply Online!
- a non-refundable application fee of $25;
- an official high school transcript;
- official transcripts of all previous college work from each institution attended.
General admissions requirements for transfer students are as follows:
- cumulative college GPA of 2.3 or higher and
- submit an official high school transcript
- Official transcripts of all previous college work from each institution attended must be submitted when applying for admission. Transfer credit is only awarded for course work completed at accredited institutions in which a student earned a grade of C or higher. Grades of C- are not accepted. Evaluation of credits will be made by the Assistant Academic Dean at the time of acceptance.
- Wheeling Jesuit University accepts credits only. The computation of a student's grade point average (GPA) will begin with courses taken at the University.
- Full-time students are classified as follows:
* Freshman - less than 27 semester hours
* Sophomore - minimum of 27 semester hours
* Junior - minimum of 60 semester hours
* Senior - minimum of 90 semester hours
- Transfer students are bound by the academic requirements stipulated in the catalog in effect during their first semester at the University. Any students transferring in during a summer session will be guided by the catalog requirements of the following semester.
- Wheeling Jesuit is on the semester system. Usually fall classes begin in late August, a mid-semester break in October and Christmas break in mid-December. The Spring semester starts in mid-January with Spring break in beginning of March, with the term ending in early May.
Transfer Students Graduation Requirements
Transfer students must complete all graduation requirements with these possible exceptions:
- Complete the remaining core curriculum requirements as determined by the Assistant Academic Dean prior to the initial registration;
- Complete at the University not less than 18 credit hours required for the major (to be determined by the Chair of the major department).
- Complete the required number of Wellness credits pro-rated from time of entrance.