The Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) is a loan in a parent's name for a dependent student.
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time (minimum of 6 credit hours)
- Parent must be a credit worthy borrower
- Parent must complete the Plus Loan Application (see below)
- Parent must complete the Master Promissory Note (see below)
- Variable interest rate with a 9% cap
- Parents may borrow up to the cost of education, minus any Financial Aid
- Repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed, but parent has the ability to defer payments while the student is in school
Parents who want to borrow money to help fund their student's education may do so through the Parent PLUS Loan program. The parent borrower must complete the PLUS Loan application by clicking on the link below and downloading the form. Once this application form is completed and returned, the Financial Aid Office will perform a credit check on the borrower. The parent borrower is also required go to the below link to complete the PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note for the money to be disbursed to the student's account.