Dr. Hadadzadeh is an Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy at Wheeling Jesuit University in Wheeling, West Virginia. He received a bachelor of Physical Therapy from Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran (1999) and practiced as a physical therapist in a general hospital and private practice from 2000-2003. He moved to India and earned his Master in Cardio-pulmonary Physical Therapy from M.S. Ramaiah Medical College; Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (2006) and his PhD in Physical Therapy with specialization in Cardiac Rehabilitation from Manipal University (2011). He also earned a Professional Diploma in Clinical Research (PDCR).
Prior to teaching at WJU, he served as an advisor in cardiac rehabilitation unit and organized Cardiac Rehabilitation Protocols and Manuals for Golsar Hospital, Rasht; Iran and had teaching experience during his PhD and Master. He served as a team member of WHO funded ICF core sets Validation Project in India under Manipal University and was a team member for organizing Cardiac Rehabilitation Protocol and Patient Manual in Kasturba Hospital in India. He is a certified physical therapist in Iran and a member of Iranian Medical Council, European Association of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR), European Acute Cardiovascular Care Association (ACCA), and International Society of Exercise Immunology (ISEI). He also is a certified ACLS health care provider from American Heart Association. He serves as an editorial and review board of 4 international peer reviewed journals and was selected as Poster Mentor in Canadian Cardiovascular Congress 2011, Vancouver. He received 3 best paper awards in different international conferences, awarded 4 grants for some of his projects and also received a patent for a Pain Relieving Instrument in collaboration with Prof Arun Maiya. He was invited to conduct national & international workshops on different issues in the field of Cardiac Rehabilitation in India and Iran, invited as main speaker in almost 6 workshops and seminars and presented papers in more than 12 different national and international conferences and also has couple of indexed peer review publications. He has attended more than 20 CMEs and workshops in different fields of Physical Therapy.
His areas of interest are cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, exercise prescription, exercise physiology, music therapy, and medical tourism and since 2010 he collaboratively works with his wife; Dr Zahra Mohebbi, in Medical Tourism and its relevant potentials in the rehabilitation field. Playing guitar & writing poems and music are his passions too.
- MH Haddadzadeh, AG Maiya, R Padmakumar, S Borkar, et.al. Effectiveness of early cardiac rehabilitation on functional capacity in post-PTCA patients: A randomized controlled trial. Can J Cardiology. 2011; 27(5): S138-139.
- MH Haddadzadeh, AG Maiya, B Shad, F Mirbolouk, R Padmakumar. Effectiveness of cardiac rehabilitation on left ventricular ejection fraction in post-coronary event patients: A successful model for developing countries. Can J Cardiology. 2011; 27(5): S242.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Maiya AG, Shad B, et al. Effect of exercise based cardiac rehabilitation on ejection fraction in coronary artery disease patients: A randomized controlled trial. Heart Views. 2011; 12(2): 51-57.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Maiya AG, Shad B, et al. Effect of cardiac rehabilitation on myocardial contractility in coronary artery disease patients: A trial from Iran. International Journal of Current Research & Review. 2011; 9(3): 149-158.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Mohebbi Z, Maiya AG. A potential source for development of Medical Tourism of India: Role of Traditional Holistic Medicine in Cardiovascular Rehabilitation. Encontros Cientificos- Tourism & Management Studies. 2011; 7(1): 80-90.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Maiya AG, PadmaKumar R, et al. A randomized controlled trial of effectiveness of cardiac rehabilitation on myocardial contractility: An Indo-Iranian study. J HK Coll Cardiol. 2010; 18 (Suppl 1): A7.
- Maiya AG, Haddadzadeh MH, PadmaKumar R, et al. A randomized controlled trial of effectiveness of cardiac rehabilitation on functional capacity. J HK Coll Cardiol. 2010; 18 (Suppl 1): A1.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Maiya AG, PadmaKumar R, et al. Effectiveness of cardiac rehabilitation on myocardial contractility in post-event coronary artery disease patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Physiotherapy. 2010; 8(2):5-11.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Maiya AG. Physiotherapy in ICU: Prospects & challenges- Cover Story. Physiotimes.2010; 2(2): 4-10.
- Haddadzadeh MH, Swaminathan N. Early Mobilization in ICU: Current perspective & future directions. Physiotimes. 2010;2(2): 22-25.
- Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, Oct 2011; Vancouver, Canada. "Effectiveness of cardiac rehabilitation on left ventricular ejection fraction in post-coronary event patient a successful model for developing countries"
- International Conference on Tourism & Management Studies, Oct 2011; Algarve, Portugal. "A potential source for development of Medical Tourism of India: Role of Traditional Holistic Medicine in Cardiovascular Rehabilitation"
- World Confederation of Physical Therapy-16th International Congress, June 2011; Amsterdam, Netherlands. "A randomized controlled trial of effectiveness of structured home- based exercise training on myocardial contractility following cardiac event: first Indian trial"
- 18th Asian Pacific Congress of Cardiology, May 2011; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. "A randomized controlled trial of effectiveness of 12 weeks cardiac rehabilitation on left ventricular ejection fraction in post-coronary event patients: A model to increase adherence"
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine- 17th Annual Congress, Feb 2011; Delhi, India. Poster Presentation: "Validity of 5 step Manipal phase I Cardiac Rehabilitation (5 step MPCR) Protocol following CABG in Coronary Care Unit"
- Non-communicable Disease Workshop- in collaboration with University of Alabama, Manipal University, Feb 2011; Manipal, India. "Effect of early exercise based card rehabilitation on functional capacity in post-coronary event patients: A randomized controlled trial"
- 3rd Asian Preventive Cardiology & Cardiac Rehabilitation Conference, Dec 2010; Hong Kong. "A randomized controlled trial of effectiveness of cardiac rehabilitation on myocardial contractility: An Indo-Iranian study"
- 2nd International Conference of Indian Tourism on "Contemporary Tourism: Practices and Innovations", Sep 2010; Dubai, UAE. "Medical Tourism: Cardiovascular Rehabilitation in India: A forgotten horizon".
- 20th Iranian Physiotherapy Association Annual Conference, May 2009; Tehran, Iran. "Effectiveness of Hospital versus Home- based Cardiac Rehabilitation on ejection fraction in Coronary Artery Disease Patients"
- International Conference on "Multi-disciplinary Approach to Healthy & Participatory Aging (MAHPA)", Jan 2009; Mumbai, India. "A randomized controlled trial of effectiveness of Hospital versus Home-based Cardiac Rehabilitation on Ejection Fraction in Coronary Artery Disease patients: A preliminary report"
- 18th Annual Congress of Iranian Physiotherapy Association, May 2007; Tehran, Iran. "Comparison of Hemodynamic parameters between Hands-holding versus Hands-free treadmill walking"
- 2nd Iranian Physiotherapy Students Congress, May 2000; Tehran; Iran. "A case series study on application of TENS in Dentistry"