Funding for Undergraduate Research Projects
- NASA Research Capability Enhancement Mini-Grant, $1,000, 1997 (Duffy)
- WV Space Grant Consortium Grant, $4,330, 1998 (Duffy)
- NASA WV Space Grant Consortium Research Initiation Grant $17,240, 1999 (Duffy)
- Pittsburgh Conference Memorial National College Grants Program for an Atomic Absorption Spectrometer, $18,000, December 1999 (Baird)
- WV Space Grant Consortium for Undergraduate Research for $4,193, Sept. 2000 (Baird) ($2,018 from WV Space Grant, $2,175 from WJU) "The Effect of Additives to Gasoline for Reducing the Emissions of Carbon Monoxide and Hydrocarbons from a Lawn Mower with a Four-Cycled Engine"
- Mini-Grant to WV Space Grant Consortium to attend a workshop, March 2000, $1,000 (Baird) "Ion Trap Theory for Mass Spectroscopy"
- Wheeling Jesuit University Summer Research Grant, February 2000, $2,300 (Baird)
- NSF's CCLI A&E Instrumentation Program for a GC/MS, $102,386, Dec. 2000 (Baird & Duffy)
- WV EPSCoR Instrumentation Grant for cost-share funds for GC/MS, Sept. 2000, funded for $14,000 in November 2000. (Baird & Duffy)
- WV Space Grant Consortium for $3,749, Sept. 2000 (Baird)
- Wheeling Jesuit University Summer Research Grant, April 2001, $1,655 (Baird)
- NASA Grant, "The Synthesis of Indium, Gallium and Copper Dithiocarbamate Complexes for Deposition for Space and Terrestrial Photovoltaic Applications", $15,745, March 2001. (Duffy)
- Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh for an FTIR Spectrometer. $13,750, April 2001, (Baird) ($4,750 from SSP, $9,000 from WJU)
- Ohio Aerospace Institute Grant, "Synthesis of Dithiocarbamate Complexes", $1,905, April 2001 (Duffy)
- WV Health Department, Charleston, WV, "Identifying Drugs and Antibiotics that May Be in the Ohio River and Our Drinking Water" $7,000 (Mercer & Baird)
- NSF Major Research Instrumentation Grant, Sept. 2001, $65,225 for an upgrade FT-NMR (Duffy & Railing)
- WJU/WV Space Grant Consortium, October 2001, $2,250 (Baird) ($1,000 from WV Space Grant, $1,500 from WJU) "Minimizing the Production of Ozone Precursors from Gasoline Combustion Engines"
- WV Space Grant Consortium, Mini-Grant (travel), Oct. 2001, $750 (Baird)
- NASA WV EPSCoR Research Seed Grant, Oct. 2001, $9,960 (Baird)($4,460 from NASA, $5,5440 from WJU) "Determination of Ozone Precursors Adsorbed on Airborne Fine Particulate Matter"
- NASA WV Space Grant Consortium, October 2002, $700 (Baird) "Identification of Ozone Precursors Adsorbed on Airborne Fine Particulate Matter Using GC/MS in the Chemical Ionization Mode"
- NASA WV Space Grant Consortium, October 2002, $1,050 (Duffy) "Stereochemical Choice in Ni(II) Complexes"
- WV Space Grant Consortium Research Initiation Grant, $14,390 (Duffy) August 2003, "Pyrolysis Studies on Indium and Copper Dithiocarbamates: A Potential Route to CuInS2"