Date to be reviewed:
|Director of Human Resources|
To insure that Wheeling Jesuit University remains in compliance with all state and federal employment laws as well as University-imposed employment policies regarding the posting of position vacancies.
2.0 POLICY STATEMENT
2.1 Policy Statement
Position vacancies will be posted internally and externally in compliance with University policies on Equal Opportunity and the University's Affirmative Action Plan.
- When a vacancy occurs, a position will be created as defined by the University Compensation Policies and other relevant policies such as creating a job description.
- Positions are deemed Administration, Faculty, Staff or Graduate Assistant / Student Worker and determined to be:
- Regular Full-Time – Minimum forty (40) hours per week for the months specified and benefits eligible;
- Regular Part-Time – No less than twenty (20) hours per week and no more than thirty-nine (39) hours per week, for the months specified, with pro-rated benefit eligibility;
- Part-Time – No more than nineteen (19) hours per week, for the months specified, and no benefits other than those required by state or federal law.
- Temporary – May be full or part time for the specified period of time for a period not to exceed one (1) year, and no benefits other than those required by state or federal law.
- All vacancies will be posted in compliance with both University policies and state and federal regulations.
- All positions are posted for a minimum of five (5) days internally and communicated through the University's email system.
- Positions may be posted externally on the Human Resource Website under "Job Opportunities" for a period of time not to exceed three (3) weeks after which the posting will be removed. Human Resources or the hiring manager may update the status or renew the posting for up to an additional three (3) weeks. This site is viewed externally by non-University employees and this period of time may coincide with the University's internal posting.
The University president, or his designee, may elect, from time to time, to offer employment on either a temporary basis or as an intern, to select students who have demonstrated proficiency in a particular area of need. This employment may convert to full time status on an as-needs basis and outside the scope of this policy.
The Director of Human Resources has the authority to change, modify or approve exceptions to this policy at any time with or without notice and with the approval of the University President.
- Compensation Guidelines Policy
- Affirmative Action Policy
- Interview Procedure Policy