Date to be reviewed:
|Director of Human Resources|
Wheeling Jesuit University is committed to making a smooth transition for new employees as they enter the University workplace. This transition is designed to make the employee comfortable within the University, provide information that will support individual performance and success, and help retain the individual as part of the campus life. BLOCKQUOTE>
2.0 POLICY STATEMENT P>
2.1 Policy Statement
All new employees should complete an orientation within ten (10) business days of their official start date. P>
- New employees are to report the morning of their first day to the Human Resource Department where they are to finalize all required pre-employment documentation. Select employees will report to the Business Office; however, those who report initially to locations other than Human Resources must report to Human Resources during their first morning.
- The new employee's immediate supervisor is to develop an orientation plan for the new employee including
The orientation should include a visit to the Office of the President for introduction, a quick tour of the campus and a formal introduction into the employee's work place. The immediate supervisor should inform the new employee about any relevant departmental policies and procedures.
Individuals assigned to the Facilities Department should receive a more detailed orientation on the campus safety rules and requirements.
The employee should secure signatures that the necessary information was covered in each of the orientation locations. This form will be obtained from Human Resources on the morning of day one of employment. A signed copy must be returned to the Human Resource Department for storage in the employee's personnel file within ten (10) business days of day one. OL>
- Human Resources: complete necessary pre-employment requirements, receive an orientation on and review employment policies and procedures, sign the acknowledgement that the employee has received the orientation on the policies and procedures, and receive an overview of the benefits;
- Campus Safety and Security: issued a University photo identification card and parking permit and receive a security rules explanation;
- Business Office: receive an introduction into payroll systems policies and procedures, etc.
- Information Technology: complete an assessment of the new employee's knowledge of the email system, provide an introduction into the University online systems, provide necessary passwords and receive or order necessary hardware.
The Director of Human Resources has the authority to change, modify or approve exceptions to this policy at any time with or without notice and with the approval of the University President.