Date to be reviewed:
|Director of Human Resources|
Wheeling Jesuit University must maintain current status on all employees for organizational and auditing purposes. BLOCKQUOTE>
2.0 POLICY STATEMENT P>
2.1 Policy Statement
Whenever a candidate is hired or an employee is transferred or terminated, the status change will be:
- Documented within the employee's personnel file;
- Collected for statistical inference on reports; and
- When appropriate, communicated to the campus community.
- "Organizational announcements" - Whenever a candidate is hired, Human Resources will issue a memorandum to the hiring manager, payroll, information technology and all relevant, connected, parties that the named individual has been hired and is released to work.
- "Personnel Action Form" - A form noting when an employee has a status change, a salary change, a classification change or is reassigned to a different account. This form must be signed by all the individuals in the positions identified on the form to authorized the changes before updating the payroll/personnel system.
- A candidate who is hired must satisfactorily complete all necessary pre-employment documentation before they are released into the University community to begin work. The issuance of an organizational announcement is the confirmation that the individual has satisfactorily completed his/her pre-employment documentation and is released to work. The Director of Human Resources will release all organizational announcements and cover the chief of staff, immediate supervisor, the business office/payroll and information technology.
- Whenever an employee's status is changed, the immediate supervisor must initiate a Personnel Action Form indicating the following:
- Valid actions include: Salary Change, Status Change, Title Change, Transfer, Expense Distribution, Classification Change, Termination, Resignation or Other (Reduction in Force/Layoff, etc.).
- Salary Expense to be Charged: If there is a Transfer and the employee's salary is transferred.
- Comments: Rationale for the change. This may be noted as referenced in an attached memorandum.
- Campus communications on new hires will be through an organizational announcement coordinated between Human Resources and Public Relations.
- Personnel Action Forms are considered Private-Confidential and will be treated accordingly per the Information Security policy; consequently, communications regarding terminations will adhere to the guidelines established within both that policy and the Termination policy.
The Director of Human Resources has the authority to change, modify or approve exceptions to this policy at any time with or without notice and with the approval of the University President.
Personnel Action Form