Date to be reviewed:
|Director of Human Resources|
To ensure that all employees of Wheeling Jesuit University are accurately and uniformly recording their time off work and monitoring their time off so that they remain in compliance with the Universities policies on time off work. BLOCKQUOTE>
2.0 POLICY STATEMENT P>
2.1 Policy Statement
- All employees are expected to be at work on their scheduled days unless the day off is covered and pre-approved with paid or uncompensated time-off, covered by USERRA or the inclement weather policies, or otherwise covered by workers compensation or disability benefits as defined by the policy.
- All employees are expected to be at work by their scheduled start time and work their scheduled hours through their scheduled quit time unless a change is pre-approved per a summer flex scheduling arrangement, the supervisor's permission is granted in advance or the inclement weather policy is in effect.
- All days off must be documented on the appropriate "Personnel Leave" form and sent to Human Resources.
2.2 Documenting Time Off
- Staff employees must accurately document all time-off or late arrivals/early quits on their time sheet and note the reason for the time off, late arrival or early quit. Payroll will inform Human Resources.
- Administrative employee will document all time-off on the "Personnel Leave" form and return the approved copy to Human Resources.
2.3 Reporting Off Procedure
- Employees are expected to call in advance of their scheduled start time if they are reporting off sick. When they return, the absence is to be documented accordingly.
- Employees intending to take a personal or vacation day must notify their immediate supervisor in advance, complete a "Personal Leave" form, and forward the pre-approved form to Human Resource while keeping a copy for their own records.
- Employees who are scheduled for military training must notify their immediate supervisor and Human Resources in advance and as soon as possible per the policy guidelines.
- Employees who intend to take FMLA leave must complete all required documentation in advance of the leave and will be notified by Human Resources that their leave is approved as FMLA leave.
- All absences or late reports due to inclement weather must be documented. Staff employees will document the absence or late report on their time sheets; Administrative employees will document the absence on the "Personnel Leave" form.
- Ongoing absences for FMLA, short or long term disability, pre-approved uncompensated time off, etc, do not have to be documented daily. The initial form will include both start and return dates and all dates in between will be noted and communicated by Human Resources.
- Staff employees on a summer flex schedule or who are authorized to report later than their scheduled start time must accurately document all tim in and out on their time sheets. P>
2.4 Failure to Report or Unauthorized Time Off
Employees who: fail to report time off or changes in their start/stop times (Staff); take unauthorized time-off or time-off in excess of the allotted amounts; experience continual or excessive late arrivals/early quits; inaccurately report or record their time at work or time off will be disciplined per the corrective action policy. OL>
The Director of Human Resources has the authority to change, modify or approve exceptions to this policy at any time with or without notice and with the approval of the University President.