Compliance: Communications & Training
|WJU Audit Committee|
Date to be reviewed:
The University will provide communications and training on the compliance program, the process for reporting non-compliance, and the skills necessary to participate in both audits and investigations.
2.1 Policy Statement
The compliance coordinator, in conjunction with the compliance team, will prepare and recommend training and communications plans in support of the compliance program.
- Internal Auditors - Employees on the compliance team that are trained to audit the compliance inventory.
- Training - Mandated and voluntary training defining employee roles and responsibilities in compliance.
- Communications - Written and oral means of positively promoting the compliance program.
2.3 Compliance Training
- Policies which both new and current employees must become aware of and acknowledge receipt of annually include but are not limited to:
Employees will be informed of the compliance responsibilities associated with their jobs as defined by the compliance inventory and that adherence will be a part of their annual performance evaluation.
Employees assigned to manage a compliance area defined by the compliance inventory will be made aware of their responsibilities and that those responsibilities will be a part of their annual performance evaluation.
All employees will be informed of the University procedures for reporting allegations of non-compliance.
All members of the compliance team will be trained as internal auditors.
Training will be posted through the Human Resource website and communicated to all employees via email.
- Human Rights, Values and Ethics
- Code of Conduct
- Tobacco Usage
- Drug and Alcohol
- HIPPA / FERPA / Title IX
- Whistleblower Policy
- Expectations of Privacy
- Internet Security
- Information Security
- Campus Safety and Security
- Minors and Vulnerable Individuals
- Harassment & sexual harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Telephone / Email / Social Media
Communications will use multi-media including the Human Resource website, the compliance website, distributed in handouts and office posters, University-wide emails, and internal University newsletters.
The authorization for this policy emanates from the Wheeling Jesuit University Board of Trustees; it cannot be changed or modified absent the express written consent of the Audit Committee.