|Location: Wheeling, WV|
|Affiliation: Catholic, Jesuit|
|Enrollment: A total of 1,385 students representing 37 states and more than 20 countries |
|Student/Faculty Ratio: 11:1|
|Average Class Size: 14|
There are 47 programs of study:
35 Bachelors programs
7 Masters programs
1 Doctoral program
4 Certifical programs
|Campus: 65 acre main campus; auxiliary Physical Therapy campus in downtown Wheeling; 96,000 ft2 McDonough Athletic Complex; Bishop Schmitt Outdoor Athletic Field; Campus Coffee Shop; 550 acre Lantz retreat farm and research preserve|
|Residence Halls: 79% of undergraduate students reside on campus|
|Student Groups: 29 student-run clubs and organizations|
|Motto: "Luceat Lux Vestra" - Let Your Light Shine|
|Athletics: 20 NCAA Division II athletic teams|
|Average Transfer GPA: 3.4|
Freshman Class Statistics:
- Average HS GPA: 3.4
- Average SAT: 1504
- Average ACT: 23
- Tuition and Fees: $27,830*
- Room and Board: $5,140 to $6,180
- WJU Grant: Based on need from FAFSA results
Merit Scholarships (cannot be combined with CCG):
- High Honors Scholarship
- Presidential Scholarships
- Dean's Scholarship
- Opportunity Scholarship
- Stephen J. Laut, S.J. Memorial Scholarship: Qualified high school seniors are invited to compete for two four-year full tuition scholarships
- The Arrupe Service Scholarship: For students with a distinguished record of community service; recipients must remain active in community service during four years at WJU
- Choral and Music Ministry Scholarships: Competitive awards for students with choral or liturgical music experience; recipients must participate in University's choral groups or chapel music programs during 4 years at WJU
- Carrigan (Thomas F.) Alumni Scholarship: An award established by the WJU Alumni Association, in memory of alumnus and first Alumni Director Tom Carrigan, is granted to children or grandchildren of alumni who have at least a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5.
- Mount de Chantal Music Scholarship: For female students with a record of Christian service and competitive academics. The recipient must actively participate in music performances.
- Bishop Michael J. Bransfield Scholarship: For graduates of the seven Catholic high schools in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston and the Roman Catholic High School of Philadelphia, PA. Renewable for four years if the student maintains the applicable academic requirements.
- Catholic High School Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who graduate from a Catholic high school outside the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston - renewable for four years if the student maintains the applicable academic requirements.
- Endowed Scholarships: More than 55 endowed scholarships.
- Athletic Scholarships: Available and awarded by the Athletic Coach and supersedes all other Institutional aid.